Oluwakemi, whom I am honored to follow, recently nominated me for the Mystery Blogger Award. I am incredibly grateful for this award, and you should go check out Oluwakemi’s blog! Her posts are full of inspiration.
The Mystery Blogger Award was created by Okoto Enigma, and she describes it as:
An award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much passion.
As with all awards, the Mystery Blogger Award comes with some rules. They are:
- Post the award logo/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three Facts About Me
- I eat second breakfast.
- I feel much less happy when I am not learning new things and engaging my mind every day.
- I often wonder if I could do more good as a scientist or as a writer.
How does it feel to be nominated for this award?
Wonderful. I have never been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award before, and the timing is perfect. It came the week before my classes resumed, and I just recently launched a GoFundMe campaign to help finance my Mater’s thesis. So not only did I have enough free time to accept this award, but I appreciate the extra traffic it will bring to my blog. Thank you again, Oluwakemi!
What is one go-to-thing that always cheers you up?
Seeing a red-tailed hawk (Buteo jamaicensis). I do not know why, but every time I glimpse one of these adaptable raptors it picks my spirits up.
If you were in a desert, what would you take with you to survive?
I will limit my response to five items. They are:
- As much water as possible.
- A tent.
- A good knife.
- A magnesium flint stick.
- A satellite phone (the goal is to get out, after all).
If you won a free trip to a destination of your choice, where would you go?
If we are talking about vacations, then Djuma Private Game Reserve in South Africa.
Can you wiggle your ears (funny)?
No, I am afraid that my body only performs basic functions.
My Three Best Posts
- The Enormous Potential of Wild Safari Live
- Human-Jaguar Conflict may be more Complex than it Seems
- Help to GoFund new Jaguar-Related Research
Five Questions for Nominees
- If you could go anywhere in the world for free, where would it be?
- What is your favorite holiday?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite hobby?
- If you like doughnuts, what is your favorite kind? If you do not like doughnuts, are you feeling alright? (weird/funny).
- Robert M. Goldstein
- Yvonne L.
- Chape Personal Trainer
- Eddie Star
- Paula De Grei
- Luis López
- Bring Back Big Cats
- Shaima Abdur Rahim
- Silvia Salafranca
Congratulations nominees! Thanks again to Oluwakemi for this award!
After only twelve days, 20 people have donated to my GoFundMe campaign for a total of $1,075! Thanks for all of your support! But there is still a long way to go before I reach my goal of $10,000. So please, continue to donate and share. Together we can pull this off, but it is going to require a collective effort! Please click here for more information.