I am pleased to announce that I have been nominated for the Liebster Award twice in the past three days. My first nomination came from Reshma Bhat, author of The Subtler You. Reshma is one of my favorite young bloggers, because her views remind me of many of my former professors. My second nomination came just a few hours ago from Arwen1968 of Waterblogged. Thank you both for your generosity.
For those who do not know, the Liebster Award is an award given to bloggers from their fellow bloggers. It is a way to build community and help each other get more views. There are a few rules associated with a Liebster nomination, and they are:
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Display the Liebster Award on your blog.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for the Award and have them answer 11 questions.
- Let the other bloggers know you’ve nominated them.
- Copy the rules into your post.
Eleven Random Facts About Me
- Despite being fascinated by wild felids, I have never owned a cat. Many of my family members are allergic to them, so I grew up with dogs.
- I have a hard time writing at home. All my meaningful work is done in coffee shops.
- I have been slowly teaching myself Spanish for a few months. As a result, I have a habit of accidentally rolling my R’s when speaking English.
- Despite being an adult, I become absolutely giddy at the zoo. This brings up mixed emotions.
- I had read the Lord of the Rings trilogy several times before I turned fourteen.
- I often dream about wild felids.
- I am comfortable spending large amounts of time alone, but I get notable bursts of energy when I am around people.
- I cannot write when it is too quiet. Perhaps that is why I prefer to work in busy cafes.
- I need to get some form of exercise on a regular basis. When I spend too many days being sedentary I have a hard time sleeping.
- My favorite book is The Seven Pillars of Wisdom by T. E. Lawrence. It is so artfully written that reading it is an emotional experience.
- I taught myself how to make Turkish coffee (albeit poorly) through trial and error. I am more proud of this than I should be.
Eleven Questions About Me
Since I was nominated by Reshma Bhat first, I shall answer her questions below.
What would you do with $50,000? Pay off my existing student loans, and use the remaining $30,000 to finance upcoming education costs.
What is it that makes you unique? I do not think I am terribly unique, to be honest. But I have yet to meet anyone who is equally enamored with big cats, psychology, and coffee.
What is your favorite color and why? Black, because it is awesome. Green and dark grey are close seconds.
Outsider or insider? Outsider. When I spend too much time indoors it affects my mood.
What are your views on a little pot aquarium? They are small.
Pet lover or hater? Pet lover, for sure. I do not have any pets right now for practical reasons, but I definitely miss having a dog.
Arranged or love marriage? Love.
Success or family? More important. This is a tough one. I do not really care about financial success, but I might choose success for my cause over family. My future work will likely take me far away from them.
Do you believe in past sins and rebirth philosophy? I have no idea what happens after death, and prefer to focus on this life.
What is your favorite number and why? 42. It is important.
Can you permanently move to another country if there are better promises there? If I want to work on jaguar conservation I will likely have to spend a great deal of time in other countries. But as for settling down, I think I could do that: it sounds wonderfully adventurous to me.
My Nominees for the Liebster Award
- What is your favorite hobby?
- What is your favorite color and why?
- If you could visit any place on Earth, what would it be?
- What sorts of books do you enjoy reading?
- If you could have any one superpower, what would it be?
- What would you do with $100,000?
- Coffee or tea?
- Who is your most important role model?
- If you were able to have one wish granted, what would it be?
- What is your favorite time of year?
- What is the answer to the ultimate questions of life, the universe, and everything? Hint: it is somewhere in this post.