I am pleased to announce that I have once again been nominated for the Mystery Blogger Award. This nomination came from Grabbety Covens: an inspirational blogger who I have recently started following. I cannot recommend his site enough. Grabbety’s story is sure to move you, as is his writing.
This is the first time I have accepted an award for which I have already been nominated. I used to decline all repeat awards, in order to keep my blog more focused on its central themes. But I no longer see any harm in having a more diverse topic range (so long as the majority of my posts are about wild cat conservation), and I am grateful to Grabbety for this nomination.
The Mystery Blogger Award was started by Okoto Enigma. As she puts it, the Mystery Blogger Award is for, “…amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates.” This award comes with nine rules, which are:
- Put the award/image on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well.
- Tell your readers three things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10 – 20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees five questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (specify).
- Share a link to your best post(s).
Three Facts About Me
- I am the greatest and best person in the world (kidding). I can also be mildly sarcastic at times.
- Every now and then I find myself missing snow. That feeling usually vanishes as soon as I have to scrape the ice off a car, however.
- Some students procrastinate by going to bars or spending time with friends. I procrastinate by reading about wild felids (cats).
Questions from Grabbety
What is your favorite book or author?
Without a doubt, my favorite book is The Seven Pillars of Wisdom by T. E. Lawrence. While I do not agree with everything he said and did, the writing in Seven Pillars is the most beautiful I have ever encountered.
What was your greatest triumph over adversity to date?
Probably learning to control my own negative thought patterns.
What is your “anchor” during life’s trials?
Spending time in the woods. Watching Wild Safari LIVE helps too, but nothing compares to being immersed in the out-of-doors.
Who or what had the most influence in your life?
It is impossible for me to say who or what influenced me the most. But my father has definitely played a large role in who I am today. The trips he took me on to our local metro parks, including the Cleveland Metroparks Zoo, have played a large role in my development.
If you were given one wish from a genie, what would you choose?
If I understand correctly, genies are tricksters. So I would be hesitant before asking anything of them…
My Best Posts
I am not sure how to determine what my “best” posts are. However, my three favorites are as follows:
- The Enormous Potential of Wild Safari Live
- Mattole Trip Part 3: The Lost Coast Ranch
- Human-Jaguar Conflict may be more Complex than it Seems
If you are one of the nominees listed below, consider it a token of my appreciation. You are under no obligation to accept this award.
- Paula De Grei
- Plebeian Science
- Art by Rob Goldstein
- Get Outside with Leah
- Decoding Happyness
- The Mountains are Calling
- Nick’s Wild Life
- Comically Quirky
Questions for Nominees
- Why did you start blogging?
- What is your favorite hobby?
- If you could travel anywhere, where would you go?
- Which country and/or state are you originally from?
- (Funny/weird question) What is the most outrageous thing you have ever done?