Shay is a friendly, upbeat teenager who’s a delight to talk to. She writes that on her site, “you’ll find things ranging from science to philosophy and equality to little light-hearted, comedic posts.” Thank you for the nomination, Shay!
This version of the Liebster Award comes with six rules. They are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Share 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger gave you.
- Nominate 11 bloggers who deserve the award.
- Create 11 original questions for the nominees to answer.
- Let them know they’ve been nominated.
- I’m moving back to the Cleveland area next Monday.
- Making coffee is a caffeine-laced meditation for me.
- I definitely have a sweet tooth.
- It gets harder to think of facts about myself each time I do one of these award posts.
- I ate pizza almost every day last year.
- I can no longer watch television for more than fifteen minutes at a time without feeling like I’m procrastinating too much.
- I strongly considered participating in the archaeology school in Belize again this summer, but time and money are not on my side.
- As I wrote on Facebook the other day: “My three years in the Pacific Northwest have taught me that I can never be content in hospitable climates; I need to be flirting with heat exhaustion or hypothermia to be happy.”
- I believe I can fly, as the song goes. I also believe that I don’t know how to land without serious injury.
- I’m beginning to feel restricted by the rushed nature of blog writing. I’d like to get into arenas that allow for greater depth and creativity, and that force me to expand my abilities. If anyone has suggestions, please let me know.
- Along those lines, one of my future goals is to get my hands on a DSLR or higher-end point-and-shoot camera. If anyone knows where I can find decent cameras for cheap, do tell.
What’s something you could talk about for five minutes straight?
Your opinion on pigeons?
Pigeons are unjustly maligned birds that are miraculously able to thrive in that harshest of environments: Chicago.
What are your main long-term goals?
To become an accomplished artist-scientist. My main artistic skill is writing, and I want to start practicing that craft in a more professional manner. After that, I’d like to get (much) better at photography.
Last text you sent? If it’s too personal, second to last text?
“Leaving for the library now. Had to finish my third cup of espresso first.”
Secret guilty pleasure you have?
Doughnuts. I hide doughnut boxes in my closet like alcoholics hide beer bottles.
Favourite season and why?
Winter, bar none. It’s so starkly beautiful: there’s no other season quite like it.
What motivates you to keep writing posts on your blog/website?
Working on my blog is also the only time I get to engage in semi-creative writing, as opposed to academic humdrum.
Favourite film and why?
The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I was obsessed with the books as a child, and Peter Jackson did a good job of adapting them to film.
Number one pet peeve?
Leaving dirty dishes in the sink.
What other country than your own would you want to live in for at least a year and why?
Canada. I’ve always enjoyed myself there, and would like to spend more time in it.
What do you think your unique feature is? (Like a feature of your appearance, personality, style, etc.).
My perfection. Or maybe it’s my sarcasm?
As ever, nominations are tokens of my support. Nominees are not obliged to accept them.
- James’s Travel and Photos
- Mistakes and Adventures
- Murmurs Underneath
- Adventures from Elle
- A Guy Called Bloke
- The Subtler You
- Christine’s Blog
- Melanie Franz
Questions for Nominees
- What country/state were you born in?
- What is your favorite food?
- How many languages do you know, and which ones?
- To quote Shay, “What is your ultimate long-term goal?”
- Do you have a favorite sport? If so, which one?
- How do you alleviate boredom?
- Which current issue(s), if any, are you most concerned about?
- In a few words, what is your happiest memory?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What is one skill you’ve always wanted to learn?
- If you could have any one superpower, which would it be?