I must be awful at these award posts, because people keep making me redo them. This Liebster Award nomination comes from Zarbakht Bilal of Read Treat, who is one of the nicest people I have ever met. Thank you, Zarbakht, for another Liebster Award! Hopefully I’ll get it right this time.
Zarbakht’s blog is full of positivity and encouragement, both of which are desperately needed right now. So please, go visit her blog!
There seem to be many versions of the Liebster Award, which is perhaps why I have so much trouble responding to it correctly. The rules for this edition are:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Honestly answer your nominator’s 10 questions.
- Nominate three bloggers for this award.
- Ask them questions.
Here goes nothing. I should add that I’ve been extremely busy with my master’s thesis lately, so I’ve not spent as much time on this post as usual. I therefore hope you’ll forgive me if my answers seem a bit…odd.
Questions and Answers
1. When did you screw everything up, but no one found out it was you?
I can’t tell you, or Donald Trump might send his Space Force after me.
2. If you had to change your name, what would your new name be & why would you choose that name?
Maximus Aurelius the Third. It just has a nice ring to it.
3. What is the most useless talent you have?
If I drink enough caffeine, even in the morning, I can give myself insomnia. That is basically what I’ve had to do since March to get my thesis done on time.
4. Which is the funniest name you have actually heard used in the real world?
My last name is probably the most ridiculous one in the history of humanity. As such, I have no right to laugh at anyone else’s name.
5. If animals could talk, which would be the rudest?
Definitely house cats. Of course, they’d also be the most flattering and affectionate: whatever it takes to manipulate us into doing their bidding.
6. If you were arrested with no explanation, what would your friends and family assume you had done?
Blown up the Death Star that Trump is trying to build, after he gets Mars to pay for it.
7. In one sentence, how would you sum the internet?
One of humankind’s most awful and wonderful creations.
8. How do you feel about putting pineapple on pizza?
It tastes quite good. I have no idea why so many people are so biased against pineapple as a pizza topping.
9. What do you think about flirting?
It’s relatively harmless, and can be fun. However, it can represent a mild form of disloyalty if one is in a closed relationship. In that context, it’s best to only flirt with one’s partner.
As I say with all of my award posts, my nominations are tokens of appreciation. If you are nominated, you are not obligated to construct an award post: I just want you to know that I like your blog.
Questions for Nominees
- Do you believe in aliens? Why or why not?
- What is your favorite movie genre, if you have one?
- Which superpower would you most like to have?
- Other than myself, who inspires you?
- Which city would you most like to visit?
- What do you do to rejuvenate yourself?
- You have a chance to meet any celebrity you want. Whom do you choose?
- Which fantasy character would you most like to be? Why, and what series are they from?
- Would you prefer to travel to the future or the past? Why?
- What is the answer to the question of life, the universe, and everything?